Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Keep your grades up!

Did you know that if your grades are below a 2.0 GPA than you can’t have a license? I didn’t until my teacher brought in a news paper article about it. The law has been around in WV and other states for about 20 years now. It’s been in my county for a year already. Some counties are just starting to utilize it this year. This law is kind of a good idea if you think about it. It will tell kids that they really have to step it up and stop slacking. I like it at least. I think it will help me because I want my license when I’m 16. Keeping above a 2.0 average won’t be that hard.

I do have some questions about this law. How will students benefit from this law? Could this be a way to cut down on the teen related car accidents? I’m a kid and I even understand that this law is to keep teenagers in school that want to drive and most of us do. This doesn’t mean that students are going to follow this law.

How will students know about this law? Should they be told about that if they miss too many days? Should they be told about it beforehand?

1 comment:

  1. I think that this law was put in place to deter students who are either slacking off or having difficulty in school from becoming more distracted by obtaining their license. I could be wrong, though.


    -Valerie Malcomb
    Globaloria Intern
    RTC

    ReplyDelete