Monday, October 5, 2009

Holly to state: END THIS LAW!

As a mom-to-be and a daughter of a mother of seven, I understand how hard it is to balance a job and about five kids to get ready for school. Of course, if there was a good, caring neighbor who would keep an eye on your children for an hour or so you can go to work, any mother would be thankful. And, if your children will be in a warm house until the school bus comes, then again I’m a sure any mother would be thankful, even if their neighbors aren’t licensed to be a daycare provider. Although in some states that is the law, I think that law is ridiculous and needs to end. I would rather my son stay in a safe house with a responsible adult than me having to lose work. I honestly don’t know why people would waste their breath to worry.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely can understand how difficult it is to get 6 children ready for school as I am trying to get ready for work. If I had a neighbor to watch them for an hour after school or an hour before school I would be truly grateful and save an extra 3 hours a day. I think this law needs to be reexamined. These are mothers helping each other out; no one is getting rich. I would think the government would want these mothers working and contributing to society.

    ReplyDelete